With a few simple ingredients you can elevate a standard mid-week meal to something really special.
- 500g sweet potatoes peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 stalks of fresh thyme
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Steam the sweet potato with the fresh thyme until tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes, uncovered, allowing excess moisture to evaporate. Once cooked remove the thyme stems.
- Place the sweet potatoes, butter and cream in a large bowl then mash until smooth. Season to taste with salt & pepper – add maple syrup – stir well and taste – add more maple if you like.
- Cook sausages while sweet potatoes are steaming. Serve on the bed of mash.