Six generations of the Bauer family have butchered and sold meat in the Bundaberg Region. Farming cattle too, theirs is a true story of pasture to plate where quality and freshness have always been their top priorities.
In the early days, they delivered meat direct to peoples’ homes and cut it fresh on site. They opened their first shop in Bargara in 1884, and at one point had as many as four stores around town. They were the first butcher in Bundaberg to have refrigerated cold rooms.
Bauer’s Butchery opened its current Princess Street shop in 1948, with three generations still working together. Nowadays, the shop is run by Craig Bauer, his wife Melissa and their son Geordie.
They proudly stock the Bundaberg Region’s largest range of continental small goods. A firm favourite among local foodies, Bauer’s Butchery also sell specialty European groceries like duck fat, sauces and pickles, as well as local milk, honey and eggs. Their Queensland beef is grass fed, and they sell Gooralie Free Range Pork.