Created as the finale of a perfect spring menu, Indulge Head Chef Mitchell White used some of the region’s freshest local ingredients from Olsens Corner Foodworks to create this stunning Lime Curd Tart.
- 10 egg yolks, from Childers Free Range
- 500g Kerrygold butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups of Bundaberg pure icing sugar
- 200ml fresh lime juice, using limes from Deepwater Farm
- Chef Laurent Tarte Sablee Shell or use your own pastry recipe
- Set up a double boiler by placing two inches of water in a pot on the stove, which will support stainless steel bowl.
- Separate ten egg yolks into a stainless steel bowl. In a separate vessel, melt the butter.
- Place the stainless bowl on a tea towel for support. Slowly whisk the melted butter into the egg yolks until combined.
- Add all the sugar and lime juice to the butter and egg mix and place the stainless bowl on the double boiler.
- Continually whisk the mixture until thick, to prevent it from splitting.
- Once thick, pour the mixture into a prepared pastry and cover with cling wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
- Once cool, decorate with blueberries and raspberries from Perfection Fresh, strawberries from Tinaberries and edible flowers – all available from Olsen’s Corner FoodWorks.